Following the introduction of IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) 16, with a centralized center in Airbus GBS we will have the responsibility to centralize all of the relevant contracts, validate and integrate them into the lease accounting software through which the relevant accounting entries will be generated, to be provided to the applicable legal entities.
The jobholder will have the following main accountabilities:
● Participate in the definition and implementation of the new IFRS 16 operating model: interface from contract owners (Real Estate, General Procurement, Finance, HR functions) to generation of relevant accounting entries for all Airbus Group legal entities;
● Be responsible for data collection, data entry in the lease accounting software and data communication to legal entities, ensuring data accuracy and completeness.
Detailed Responsibilities of the Center of Expertise:
● Contribute to the build of the IFRS 16 operating model with the support of the Accounting Norms and Standards department;
● Drumbeat full process and coordination with all stakeholders of the process (from the contract owners to the consolidation team);
● Be one of the Key-users of the lease administration tool (NLA);
● Defect identification and communication to the Administrator;
● Perform analysis of the lease contracts from an IFRS 16 point of view;
● Ensure that the analysis are reflected in the lease accounting software;
● Maintain a database based on the information received for global overview / tracking (monthly report of all the adjustments performed);
● Contract rate calculation for new contracts and contract adjustments based on the guideline and based on the information received (controlling focal point in support);
● Deliver on time the financial restatements to the local accountants (financial closings);
● Build a monthly summary report of all the adjustments performed with financial impact associated;
● Support controlling for budget construction and budget review for IFRS 16 impacts (based on the information in NLA);
● Support controlling department for budget construction / review in line with IFRS 16;
● Provide all relevant information/ support for external/internal audits.